Finding great pieces
for our shows is really
a lot of fun because the
thrill is in the hunt,
we never know what we'll
find that will inspire us
to create an entire room around
at the barn.
- Like a vintage French map, approximately 5' x 4' that was the springboard for our "fancy" room!
- a late 1800's zinc topped farm table that would be the perfect flat screen console
- the gorgeous light fixture we showed you in yesterday's post that we made by combining a vintage bird cage with a crystal chandelier
- the antique leather doctor's bag that would be so cool reinterpreted as a bedside magazine holder
- a vintage apothecary cabinet that inspired our "country kitchen" room
- or the buffet Maria painted a beautiful rich slate color and we topped with a salvaged American Gothic window we turned into a mirror
- and then there's the absolutely stunning creamy white fireplace mantle Gregg picked up in his travels that inspired us to build an entire vignette around!
If you like to be inspired, we think
you'll find plenty of inspiration at the barn this weekend!
Stop back tomorrow and we'll show
you the little things, the details, that make our
If you have any questions, call us at
operators are standing by
waiting for your call!
(Okay, you got us, we don't really have operators standing by, but you can call me (Gail), I'd love to talk to you! Oh, and preferably between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.!)